Beny Lesmana, S.H.
Beny Lesmana obtained his bachelor of laws in business law (S.H) from the University of Indonesia. He is a member of Indonesian Advocate Association (PERADI) and is admitted to practice in Indonesian courts.
Prior to establishment of Christie Alliance, he worked in a law firm located in Jakarta which is well known of its anti graft method. He has more than 10 years of litigation experiences in civil and commercial area. He is well known for his consistency in providing services with ethical manner and therefore will always maintain the anti graft approach.
His areas of specialization are Civil and Commercial Litigation, Bankruptcy and Corporate Insolvency Law, Consumer Protection Law, Intellectual Property Law, Employment Law and Family Law.
He has represented clients ranging from domestic Indonesian companies through multinational corporations in various civil cases with some notable ones as follows:
- Represented a German car manufacturing company in a lawsuit filed by a consumer. The defence was successful since the car damage was caused by the consumer’s own fault.
- Represented a South Korean airline in a lawsuit filed by a passenger. The defence was successful since action in question was due to compliance to safety regulation.
- Represented a South Korean shipowning company and an Indonesian ship agent in a lawsuit filed by an NGO with a USD 100 million claim in relation to the sinking of a car carrier with 4.190 cars inside. The defence was successful since it was evidenced that the vessel did not damage the environment.
- Represented one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Indonesia in a lawsuit filed by consumer. The defence was successful since it was evidenced that the company is not being unlawful in producing medication.
- Represented one of the largest private banks in Indonesia in a lawsuit by consumer due the alleged unlawful auction by the bank. The defence was successful since it was evidenced the bank had lawfully performed the auction.
- Represented a private Indonesian largest palm oil company in a lawsuit filed by its contractor.
- Represented an international oil and gas company in Aceh province in an employment case.
Although he has the expertise in civil and commercial areas, he has defended clients in various criminal cases such as corruption cases, narcotics and negligence resulting deaths, with maximum decision that the defendant(s) is fully acquitted and released.
With this legal expertise and experiences, as Christie Alliance Managing Partner, he prioritizes to defending the rights and interests of clients.